NABH Certification Standards for Emergency Department in Hospitals prepared by the technical committee contains complete set of standards for evaluation of Emergency department for grant of certification.
Emergency Medicine Departments (ED) because the quality of care provided in the ED reflects the ethos of care for the hospital and this goes a long way in the reputation of the hospital.
Providing quality Emergency Medical Care is crucial. Getting quality and safe acute care is the right of every patient who comes in through the door of the ED.
The standards provide framework for quality of care for patients and quality improvement for Emergency department within hospital. The standards help to build a quality culture at all level and across all the function of hospital.
NABH Certification Standards for Emergency Department in Hospitals has 8 chapters.
Outline of NABH Chapters:
Patient Centered Standards
- Access, Assessment and Information (AAI)
- Patient Care and Rights (PCR)
- Management of Medication (MOM)
- Hospital Infection Control (HIC)
Organization Centered Standards
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- Responsibility of Management (ROM)
- Facility Management and Safety (FMS)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
NABH shall issue a certificate to the emergency department in hospital with a validity of two years.