This workshop introduces participants to key elements of quality improvement (QI). The session explores current approaches such as the plan, do, study, act (PDCA) model, FMEA, conducting RCA, Lean Six Sigma in healthcare to assess improvements (using performance indicators for measuring and monitoring) and tools and techniques of organizational quality plan development. The session examines the link between an organization’s quality plan and team-based quality improvement plans. Participants will learn about performance indicators and how to use this powerful measurement tool to better focus quality improvement activities. Participants will gain knowledge and experience to enable them to use strategies and structured processes to develop meaningful indicators. Participants will also be introduced to a very exhaustive and innovative tool; WHO Patient safety assessment tool kit.
Who should attend?
1. Hospital Managers and Administrators who are using performance indicators to develop quality improvement plans.
2. Quality and risk managers analyzing quality tools and quality indicators.
3. Front-line staff who collecting and reporting performance indicators.
Key Learning Objectives
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the relationship between accreditation and current approaches to quality improvement.
2. Use performance measures to monitor the success of quality improvement initiatives.
3. Use a structured approach to implement quality improvement initiatives.
4. Initiate an organization-wide quality plan.
5. Use quality improvement plans at the team level.
6. Identify key components of an indicator (using QI tools) and its main attributes.
7. Explain the link between indicators and quality improvement initiatives.
8. Identify and apply the steps to develop and assess indicators.
9. Identify tools to assist in interpreting and presenting data.
Course material and certificate for participants
Each workshop participant receives course contents including learning and reference material. The workshop will be a combination of theory, demos and panel discussions and will involve active participation.
At the successful completion of workshop candidates will be provided certificate of participation.
The registration can be done by filling the registration format at our web-site (www.nabh.co/login). Registration fee (non-refundable & non-changeable) is Rs. 5,000/- + Service tax @15% (Total Rs. 5750/). Fees concession of 10% is being provided for the members of Quality Council of India (http://www.qcin.org/nbqp/PMS/). The fees would include lunch, tea (twice) and the course material. It is a non residential programme. Outstation participants are requested to make their own boarding & lodging arrangements.
Total 30 seats are available. To ensure your participation mail registration form along with DD for fee.
Where to register?
Participants can register by sending their details along with the fee to the following address:
Mr. Vikash Chaudhry
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
Quality Council of India
ITPI Building, 5th Floor, 4 - A, Ring Road, I P Estate,
New Delhi - 110002
Tel: +91 11 233 23 516 / 517 / 518 / 519 / 520
Fax: +91 11 233 23 415