Transition Plan for Blood Banks for Implementation of NABH Standards, 3rd Edition
1. Release date: 1st October, 2016.
2. ‘Effective Date of Implementation’: 1st April, 2017. This date would mean:
For blood banks already accredited, this is the date by which they must be in full compliance with third edition.
- For blood banks seeking accreditation for the first time, this indicates the date after which all assessments and accreditation decisions will be based on third edition.
- Any assessment and accreditation decisions before 1st April 2017 will be based on second edition. However, such blood banks shall be required to complying with the third edition after 1st Arpil 2017.
- Complete transition by 1st April, 2017.