Nursing Excellence Certification Programme
Nursing Excellence Certification:The Nursing professionals are the cornerstone of any quality related programme in a health care organization. Keeping this in mind, Nursing excellence standards have been framed with a view to lay down the guidelines for evaluating the nursing services being provided by a Health Care Organization.
The first edition of the nursing excellence standards is divided into chapters, focusing on various professional, administrative and governance aspects of Nursing.
Outline of NABH Nursing Excellence Standards
1. Nursing Resource Management (NRM).
2. Nursing Care of Patient (NCP).
3. Management of Medication (MOM).
4. Education, Communication and Guidance (ECG).
5. Infection Control Practices (ICP).
6. Empowerment and Governance (EG).
7. Nursing Quality Indicators (NQI).
Benefits of Certification
1. Stimulates continuous quality improvement
2. Safe, effective, competent and ethical nursing care
3. Regulating, guiding and promoting professional nursing practice
4. Raises community confidence
5. Guidelines to nurse administrators and supervisors for supporting and facilitating nursing care
6. Opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best
Who can apply?
All the Health care organizations irrespective of their size, role and complexity.
How to apply for certification?
All aspiring healthcare organizations desirous to achieve certification can apply online by registering on the NABH website.
How much is the Fees?
Fees towards certification depend on the size of the healthcare organization. To view the complete fee structure please visit important links on NABH website followed by fee structure under quick links.
Are there any trainings conducted for the programme?
NABH conducts various training and awareness programmes round the year regularly. It is advisable that the aspirant healthcare organizations attend Training Programme on Implementation (POI) for better understanding the standards.
How to procure a copy of the standards?
The standards can be purchased online and the hard copy of the standard shall be dispatched to the address submitted while purchasing the same.
To obtain a copy of NABH standard, kindly click on the below shown cover page