Certification Standards for Emergency Department in Hospitals
Emergency Certification : The standards provide framework for quality care and patient safety to patients coming to the Emergency department and also stimulates continuous quality improvement. The Emergency Accreditation standards will thereby cater to build a culture of safety at all levels. The standards aim at setting expectations for the provision of providing equitable, safe and high-quality emergency care in the country thereby leading to good clinical outcomes.
Outline of NABH Emergency Certification Standards
- Access, Assessment and Information (AAI)
- Patient Care and Rights (PCR)
- Management of Medication (MOM)
- Hospital Infection Control (HIC)
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- Responsibility of Management (ROM)
- Facility Management and Safety (FMS)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Ensures quality care with emphasis on patient safety leading to good clinical outcomes.
- Ensures standardization of protocols in the Emergency Department.
- The patients are treated by trained & credentialed medical staff.
- Rights of patients are respected and protected
- It raises community confidence in the hospital’s Emergency care
- It improves overall professional development of Clinicians and Para Medical Staffs associated with the Emergency Department.
Hospitals having minimum of 25 operational beds, in addition to emergency beds. Number of beds in the emergency department should be as per following criteria:
|Total Number of Hospital Beds
|Minimum Beds required in the Emergency Department
|Up to 50 Beds
|Up to 50 Beds
|More than 350 Beds
All aspiring laboratory organizations desirous to achieve MLP certification can apply online by registering on the NABH website.
Fees towards certification depends on the size of the healthcare organization and number of Emergency beds. To view the complete fee structure please visit important links on NABH website followed by fee structure under quick links.
|Emergency Department in Hospital Certification Program
|201 Beds and above
|If more than one emergency department
|Emergency Department in Hospital Certification Program (1st Edition june 2016)
|Application Fee:2,000/- AnnualFee:25,000/- Virtual Assessment Fee:2,000/- Plus GST@18%
|Application Fee:2,000/- AnnualFee:50,000/- Virtual Assessment Fee:2,000/- Plus GST@18%
|Additional 10,000/- will be charged per emergency site in the application fee